The next 10 years – LeWeb 2013

Ten years of LeWeb, how time flies. I have been at LeWeb for the past four years and it has always been a privilege. The theme for LeWeb for this year really triggered me to think about the future of technology and naturally of startups. As ever, I still strongly believe that startups are the best option to turn our economic processes on their heads. And the past ten years more than prove my point. Startups like Google, PayPal, Facebook, eBay, Twitter, YouTube, Spotify, Uber, AirBnB and many others have changed our lifestyle and our habits in amazing ways. However, for the next 10 years, I believe that technology will not be the primary driver of innovation.

In the past twenty years, a lot of innovation has come through the fact that we finally could. The world shrank as we finally could easily connect and keep up with friends around the world. New cell phone technology allowed us to move around and still access the same online resources as at our offices. Computers in everything have allowed us to automate many processes and make them much more efficient. But times are changing. I am not saying that technology is slowing down, because it is not. However, I strongly believe that we will see more and more technology that is driven by social developments.

I believe in the collaboration economy. And I believe that that is the track for the future. Technology that allows us to share with each other. So we can share knowledge, but also resources that we have to our disposal and that we do not use 24/7. Like the extra bedrooms we are offering on Airbnb, the rides on Blablacar, the communal bikes in cities like London, Paris, New York, San Francisco, Kopenhagen and others. I believe that in the next ten years, we will see technology integrate more and more into our daily lives to make it more a part of it than an attachment.

Take Google Glass for example. It is one of those developments that can change the way in which we interact with technology in relationship with others. But it is not the glasses themselves that will trigger us. It is the things they can do for us that are becoming more and more important. So, I do not believe that wearable technology as such is going to be a technology driver. But I believe that the way it will allow us to interact with our friends and our environment, will be the driver for technological innovation.

That is where startups come in. The next ten years are a time to reassess all the processes that run in the world to see whether we can replace them by a combination of individual masses and resources. Because there is a lot to gain in a revision of our daily routines to make them more fun and more effective through new technology. And startups are the ideal vehicle to question these daily routines.

What are your thoughts? Add them in the comments, or talk to me at LeWeb next week. I will be interviewing interesting people at LeWeb and hopefully posting some blogposts and some videos. See you there?

12 Comments on The next 10 years – LeWeb 2013

1. avatar
    cable beats
    June 16, 2014 at 08:05 (6 months ago)

Donner Les bourses NOUVELLE APPARENCE Une assiette bruni et le Vieux UNE FINITION compagnon s’estompe Couvrant. Certains styles,casque beats pro, plus rcents peuvent also bien reprsenter le blanc Couvrant garniture, Fait tre l’AFFT de Tous les styles d’analyser pralable Qui accepterait ONU faux trim.Another blanc Couvrant acc Est L’assiette de l’ampleur dans Le monogramme Chevalier questre. Ici, le blush et Bandes Rouges acaritre point de l’ONU,ecouteur beats, et doivent tre Soit ONU cuir mat ma

2. avatar
    survey remover
    June 18, 2014 at 02:58 (6 months ago)

Through market research surveys, this will let them know ahead of time what results
    they can expect. It still has the power to shock those politicaly
    oriented individuals living in the past, cornered by
    their infamous history. This allows Excel to
    know which question that you want others to see when they get to this
    point in the survey.

3. avatar
    consolidation advice
    June 19, 2014 at 17:38 (6 months ago)

I was very pleased to discover this page. I wanted to thank you for your time due to
    this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to look at new stuff on your website.

4. avatar
    Canım Kardeşim Çizgi Film
    June 20, 2014 at 17:43 (6 months ago)

Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform
    you’re using? I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a hard
    time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

5. avatar
    Elton
    June 21, 2014 at 00:33 (6 months ago)

It is in reality a great and helpful piece of info.
    I’m glad that you simply shared this helpful info with us.

Please keep us up to date like this. Thank yoou for sharing.

6. avatar
    voyance amour gratuite
    September 9, 2014 at 07:25 (3 months ago)

Marie Delhaye, vous visée des cours d’avertissement au tarot ensuite des génération d’autre part devenir voyante est commode d’un expérience
    considérable. Ceci centre fortin de cette équipe est la diversité de ces legs médiumniques.
    L’équipe dont s’est formée grâce à des facultés fors du commun avance des prestation inédits nonobstant lequel
    chaque appelant puisse obtenir des réponses sérieuses et précises en ayant un consultation de voyance en abrupt La voyante Fortunée
    toi attend, elle saura toi préconiser et vous-même
    orienter sur le debout commencer. Vous avez subséquemment ce dont vous reste à perpétrer.
    Les voyantes expertes de votre réduit Voyance Préambule sauront vous-même guider ensuite vous apporter leur lumière à travers la médiumnité, ce reproduction des haut prophétie ou du tarot marseille.
    MEDIUM PUR NICE.

7. avatar
    news
    October 4, 2014 at 21:59 (2 months ago)

Expecting that one is looking to change over a life and scanning
    for the most paramount nature of PADI master level get ready open at a significantly centered
    expense than The Gili IDC Indonesia is the spot to go.
    People again turned to astrology during the late 19th h and 20th centuries when spiritualism made a
    comeback. You want personal tuition for something as important as this,
    and you want your course to be really enjoyable.

8. avatar
    Palmer Oudker
    October 5, 2014 at 10:23 (2 months ago)

You are so interesting! I don’t believe I’ve truly read a single thing like this
    before. So great to find another person with a few unique thoughts on this
    topic. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This web site is something that’s needed
    on the web, someone with some originality!

9. avatar
    Jazmine Coby
    October 5, 2014 at 11:23 (2 months ago)

This post offers clear idea in favor of the new people of blogging, that actually how to do blogging and site-building.

10. avatar
    lotto strategies and analysis
    October 6, 2014 at 23:54 (2 months ago)

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article.

Thank you for supplying this information.

11. avatar
    acne treatments that work
    October 17, 2014 at 23:13 (2 months ago)

I visited many web sites however the audio feature for audiio songs current at this web site iis actually superb.